As mentioned in the Free Library: Suad Al Furaih is the first Arab woman to spread awareness about Celiac disease in the Arab World. She is the author of My Story with Celiac which is an encapsulation of her experiences and how she managed to stay healthy in spite of the condition. With little information on the disease and even lesser in Arabic, she was prompted to write the book. The book had a tremendous effect on those affected with the disease and referred to it as a ‘life directory’. She is also the founder of Kuwaiti Celiac Patients Support Group and has launched Q8celiacpatients.com for the benefit of those who don’t have access to the book. Furthermore, she has been instrumental in forming the Kuwaiti Voluntary Celiac Awareness Team (KVCAT) that undertakes initiatives including collaborations with the Ministries and schools for awareness programs.
- Dr. Suad Alfuraih, Board member at Kuwait Voluntary Work Centre 2014-2017, Founder of Kuwait Voluntary Celiac Awareness Team, IT Consultant and Author of many books .
- National Representative of the IAVE in Kuwait
- IT Consultant at Public Authority for Industry 2000-2016
- Counselor to Public Authority for Industry’s Vice Director General -2001-2016 retired.
- Board member at Kuwait voluntary work center 2014- 2017
- Founder & president of the Kuwaiti Celiac Awareness Voluntary Team
spreading celiac awareness in MENA
Read more here